Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Power of And

That which is like unto itself is drawn, so the vibration of your Being must match the vibration of your desire in order for your desire to be fully received by you. You cannot desire something, predominantly focus on the absence of it, and then expect to receive it, because the vibrational frequency of its absence and the vibrational frequency of its presence are very different frequencies. Another way of saying that is: Your desires and your beliefs must be a vibrational match in order for you to receive that which you desire.
~Ask & It Is Given

Greetings!

I am enjoying a quiet evening and thought I would take this opportunity to share something that someone pointed out to me this week. The above quote is a reminder of something that nearly all of us overlook at one time or another. As focusing beings we can be extremely focused on what is...which can lead to miscreating. And I know it's hard not to be hyper aware of what appears to be real, but understand your now experience was also focused into being; you are going to have to find a way to focus more on what you want, and not on what is. Or at least find a way not to think or talk about that person, situation or thing that is bothering you quite as much.

I thought I would talk about the power of the word and. It's a small word, but quite powerful. Let's say you haven't had a relationship in awhile, or maybe you can't seem to break out of your current work situation...and you are naturally focused on that. When I talk to you as a client you may say it's been x number of months/years since your last relationship. That focus in and of itself stops the energy from flowing in the direction you desire. So, how can you look at the situation in a way that matches your burgeoning desire for a new relationship? You can reframe the situation and say that you are now ready to begin meeting great new people. Notice that I didn't say you were going to meet "The One", just that you were ready to begin meeting fantastic new people. Nor did we discuss how long it's been since you were in a relationship or what a louse the last person was. We put the focus on meeting great new people. That statement shifts the energy and gets you back in the flow and it doesn't put pressure on you (or the poor soul you first date) to be The One. If you are currently dating someone and you're sensing there are things about that person that may not work for you, you might say to yourself, "I have been seeing someone and I am open to meeting other new friends as well." The same could be said about work...I am working at such and such a place and I am looking at new things I might do to give me additional income. Small word, but it packs a nice, expansive punch.

Now, you might be uncomfortable about being on the opposite end of a relationship where someone is saying "and I'm looking to meet new friends..." And that's also understandable, but I'd like to have a dollar for every person I've worked with who has finally met someone they like and then comes back to say, "But they are doing this or they're not doing that, and I don't like it." As focusing beings we help the Universe expand with our ever expanding desires for more. More love, more fun, more connection, more money...that is the name of the game. As Abraham says, you can never get it done and you can never get it wrong. Does that mean all our relationships are doomed? No, it means you've met someone and now you will begin the work of being in relationship, or put another way, you will begin to refine your desire. Pay attention to what works for you in the relationship or job situation. Give appreciation for it and think of what new desires you'd like to manifest in the situation. If you start harping on what's wrong, you know you're just going to get more of the same stuff that upsets you.

So, if you've got a super anal boss, you might say, "Gee, I'm grateful for this job, it allows me to go to school and prepare for the next step up in my career.", or whatever is most appropriate. Try to avoid, "My boss is an ******* and I hate this job. What was I thinking when I accepted this position?" Even if it is true, the vibration is so low, I'd hate to think of what you're likely to manifest as a consequence of long term thought of this kind.

So, watch your thoughts and words--make them work for you in powerful, positive ways. And don't forget to think in terms of expansion--use the word and--it can give you a whole new positive perspective.

Since tomorrow is Sunday, I will post a bulletin with a tip for the day and we'll be back to blogging Monday. So, if you're not one of my listed friends here on Myspace, you might like to send a please add note to me--otherwise you won't receive the tip of the day.

Wishing you a blissful holiday weekend (for those of you in the U.S.), and we'll talk again soon.
Blessings,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment